We’re not the only ones who can host an event and spread the word about Camp Māk-A-Dream — you can too. While we love to share the Camp story near and far, often hearing this message from someone within your community is especially powerful. Hosting an event in support of Camp is your opportunity to give back, and you’ll have our full support and resources to back you up.
These events are not about raising money. Our primary goal is to reach out to a broader audience to tell them about Camp and encourage them to get involved. If someone would like to make a donation at your event, we will provide the materials to make this happen, but that’s not the focus.
And when we say “event,” it’s whatever works best for you. Here are some suggestions to get your creativity flowing:
- Backyard BBQ.
- Coffee date with friends.
- Elegant cocktail hour.
- Potluck dinner.
- Crafty get together — painting, knitting, scrapbooking, etc.
- Holiday celebration.
- Community service day.
All of these create the perfect atmosphere to tell others about your impactful experience at Camp.
If you’d like to learn more, or decide to host an event, please contact us at 406.549.5987. We will ask a few simple questions about your proposed event, answer any questions that you may have and make sure we have your correct mailing information. This last piece is vital so we can send you our Camp Event Kit.
The kit is delivered to your doorstep with all the materials you need. It includes:
- Invitations (physical or digital as preferred).
- Basic attendee information sign-in sheet.
- Camp DVD.
- Printed materials about Camp and our programs.
- A “script” of helpful points to share with your group.
- Small favors to thank your guests for coming.
- Instructions for preparing for the event and post-event follow-up with our Camp staff.
Thank you for considering helping Camp Māk-A-Dream by hosting an event. Our inspiring participants, dedicated volunteers and generous donors are a big part of the Camp story and sharing that story is a powerful tool.