You can find dates for the 2020 season by visiting the Calendar and the schedule of when online applications will open below.
NOW OPEN: full-summer season staff positions
NOW OPEN: volunteer application for January Family Camp ONLY
January 2: Spring Caregivers Retreat
January 29: Spring Ovarian & Spring Women's Retreats / 2020 Weekly Volunteer Positions
February 10: Summer sessions
May 26: Fall Ovarian & Fall Women's Retreats
Please check back for additional updates and information.
- Camper Applications
*PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE CLICKING THE “APPLY” BUTTON BELOW*
This application will take 15-45 minutes to complete, and CampDoc will automatically save and submit your work. Once your application has been completed, you will have the ability to edit the information in your health profile. Only complete applications (100%) will be reviewed to determine acceptance.
Tips for applying:
- When you click APPLY below, you will be directed to CampDoc, an online registration site.
- If this is your first time to Camp Mak-A-Dream or your first time applying through CampDoc, you will need to create an account. *Save this login and password information, you will need it again.
- Enter the participant information. For Family Camp or the Caregivers Retreat, please provide the survivor’s information as the participant. There will be a section in the health profile to provide information about the caregiver/family members.
- On the Registration page, click “Register for a new session” to see the list of camps the participant is eligible to attend. Participants are eligible to attend one session per calendar year. Participants are welcome to apply for Family Camp or the Caregivers Retreat in addition to their individual camp. Add the preferred session and click continue.
- When you click “Register” on the Confirmation page, you will see a pop-up telling you that you have successfully registered. Do not stop here! Click ok, and you will be able to access the application questions in the health profile. You must complete the health profile to 100% before your application will be reviewed to determine your acceptance to Camp.
- When a section is complete, you will see a green check mark in front of the section name. If you see a red dot, there are required questions in that section that must be answered to complete the section.
- CampDoc will automatically be saving your answers as you work through the form. You can go back into a section to edit information if needed.
- You should see a message pop up saying “Heath Profile Complete” and receive an email notification when you have filled the application out to 100%. Don’t worry that there isn’t a submit button, it has been saving as you go.
- If you have an additional camper to register, click on “Add new participant” to start the process for your next camper.
- All status updates, including acceptance, will be sent via email to the address you provided. The confirmation process for summer sessions will begin early March.
- If you are accepted to your session, there will be additional forms in your health profile that will require your attention.
- Campers who have attended two or more times may be placed on a wait list. All campers placed on the wait list will hear of acceptance no later than 30 days before the start of the session.
You will need the following information to complete the application:
- Medications (name, dose, frequency)
- Contact information (including emergency phone number)
- Hospital/Institution contact information
- Oncologist contact information
- Primary Care Doctor information
Please be sure to check your junk mail/spam and white list emails from Camp Mak-A-Dream, CampDoc and Constant Contact to ensure you receive all relevant communication.
If accepted to attend, a health form completed by the participant’s doctor is required. Click on the appropriate form below to download it now if you wish to have your doctor complete it prior to notification of acceptance.
The completed form is due 45 days before the start of the camp session. Additional information about this form will follow for those accepted to Camp. Early return of the form does not guarantee acceptance to attend.
Travel assistance may be available for first time attendees. All participants must register for a camp session prior to applying for travel assistance.
- Seasonal Staff & Volunteer Applications
FULL SUMMER position applications are now open and will be accepted for the next several weeks. Those selected for an interview will be contacted in mid to late January for interviews and positions will be filled as qualified applicants are selected.
VOLUNTEER position applications will be available starting January 29. Those who apply will be contacted within two weeks of us receiving your application and applications will continue to be accepted until all positions have been filled and updates to position availability will be posted here periodically.
*PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE CLICKING THE “APPLY ” BUTTON BELOW*
This application will take 15-30 minutes to complete. If you are a first time applicant, please be prepared to provide education and employment information, three references with contact information and detailed answers to questions about your interest in our organization and the position for which you are applying. Once your application has been submitted, you will have the ability to edit the information.
Tips for applying:
- When you click APPLY below, you will be directed to Active, an online registration site. Choose the application for which you are applying (Full Summer, Volunteer, Medical Volunteer, Check-in Volunteer, Presenter, etc and hit continue.
- If you have applied to Camp through Active before, please use the same email and password – if this is your first time to Camp or your first time applying through Active, you will need to create an account. *Save this login and password, you will need it again.
- Always hit CONTINUE to move through the application process.
- When you are done filling out the information Continue to Cart; if you are not brought to the Review & Check Out page, information is missing (questions not answered will appear in red).
- Hit COMPLETE to finish the application process.
- You should see a pop-up message saying, ‘Thank you. Your transaction is complete.’
*VERY IMPORTANT: If your application has been submitted correctly you will immediately receive a receipt from Active in your email ‘in box’. In addition, you will also receive an email message with additional information within 2 hours. If you do NOT receive this email, your application was not received. Please be sure to check your junk mail/spam and white list emails from Camp Mak-A-Dream, Active and Constant Contact to ensure that you receive all relevant communication. Please try again or call the Active Support Line at 1-877-228-4881.