Facts & FAQs
Let’s jump right to the essentials. Weather varies in our part of country — it’s part of why it’s so beautiful here — so we suggest you pack with the plan to dress in layers throughout the day.
Suggested Packing List*
- Medications for your entire stay
- Long pants
- Short- and long-sleeve shirts
- Closed-toe shoes
- Hair dryer
- Personal toiletry items
- Costume / accessories for theme night party
*Camp provides bedding and sunscreen. As part of our confirmation packet, we also provide a more detailed list specific to each program.
You may also wish to bring a camera and money for the camp store, off-campus trip purchases and our auction / raffle. Activities’ costs during off-campus trips are covered by Camp.
- Space is limited, bring only what you need.
- Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Lost and found items are kept for 90 days.
- Valuables can be locked in the Health Center, but we prefer that they stay at home.
What not to Bring to Camp
- Expensive jewelry, electronics or watches
- Alcohol, tobacco products of any kind, matches, lighters, fireworks, laser pens
- Knives, firearms or other weapons
- Illegal drugs
While Camp Mak-A-Dream is a cost-free experience, campers are responsible for transportation to and from Missoula. Once campers arrive in Missoula, we provide transport to our Gold Creek campus (and back again at the end of each camp session). Travel assistance may be available for first-time participants and applications for Travel Scholarships are available — Click here to learn more. Or, or call our office (406.549.5987).
One of the goals of Camp Mak-A-Dream is to provide inclusive programs in a safe and supportive environment for women cancer survivors regardless of race, religion, age, economic status and/or sexual orientation.
- Who is eligible to attend these retreats?
- How much does it cost?
- What kind of medical support is there during these retreats?
- What are the facilities like at Camp Mak-A-Dream?
- What and where do we eat?
- What kinds of activities are offered?
- Can I bring a friend or my spouse?
- Who makes up the Camp Mak-A-Dream staff?
- How do I get to Camp Mak-A-Dream?
- What if I am too sick to attend or need to cancel?
- Do you need volunteers?
- What other programs does Camp Mak-A-Dream offer?
- How do I apply?